About our Co-op
Educating children since 1968, Milwaukie Preschool serves a vital function in our community. Our parent leaders are the stewards of that tradition.
Joining a co-op preschool is a special opportunity to spend quality, focused time with your child in a nurturing environment. Your time in the classroom provides a window into your child’s world of play and learning.
Can grandparents or nannies be helpers?
Yes, so long as we have a background check on file.
Do students need to be potty-trained?
Yes, please make sure your child can use the bathroom on their own.
Do I pack a snack for my child?
Yes, please pack a snack for your child.
How often do I parent teach?
Most months 2-3 days will be adequate. A calendar is posted with available slots at the end of every month.
Can I bring my child for a pre-enrollment visit?
We encourage and welcome visitors! If you miss one of our open houses, please contact us to arrange a visit.
Classroom helper days
- Our daily schedule allows for easy transitions throughout a fun-filled day!
- Play at their level! Engage them with activities. You’ll spark their interest, and you'll have more fun!
- Help develop their independence. Parts of our day are student-led, including clean-up time!
- Bring your skill to class! Play an instrument? Know a cool science experiment? We can work that into our day!
- Additional resources are available like our assistant guide or our training session in early Fall.
Enjoy your parent helper days. They mean the world to your child!
Parents who lead
- Our school succeeds with YOUR involvement.
- You are your child’s first teacher. One of the most rewarding aspects of joining a co-op is the opportunity to help shape their learning environment. Parent leaders serve their school throughout the year. Use parent resources already available and add to them as you go.
- This is your chance to make a direct impact on shaping your child's school! Use your skills and our resources to develop a true community school.
- We are members of the Parent/Child Preschool Organization. PCPO offers excellent training, helpful guides and assistance to parent leaders.
- Board members guide school development. Positions include: president, registrar, fundraiser, treasurer and secretary. Never served on a board before? PCPO offers training in the spring and ongoing support.
- Parent involvement allows us to keep costs down, which ensures affordable tuition.
- Once all board positions are filled, there are committees and projects throughout the year that will offer you more chances to help. This includes clean-up and work days as well as our famous Breakfast with Santa FUNdraiser.
How will you serve your child, school and community?
Clackamas County Child Immunization Rates